Right now I’m what my friends call “off the wagon”. It’s a chocolate thing. . .
Today’s awesomeness is a slice that makes even me think, “Wow, that’s a lotta lard there.” According to archaelogical digs on the subject, the Mars Bar Slice was the result of Greek philosophers asking the eternal question, “How can mankind make the Mars bar less healthy?”
My sister-in-law introduced me to it, and I returned the favour by making some for her (and by “for her” I mean that I took it with me to visit her, but ate most of it myself).
3 x 65 g Mars Bars, chopped
90 g butter
3 cups Rice Bubbles
250 g milk chocolate
- Grease a slice tray (with butter, not oil).
- Combine loosely-chopped Mars Bars and butter in a saucepan.
- Stir constantly over low heat, without boiling, until the mixture is mostly smooth. The remaining lumps will be absorbed, never fear.
4. Stir in Rice Bubbles and press mixture evenly into greased tray.
5. Melt the 250g of chocolate over hot water and stir constantly until smooth.
6. Spread the chocolate evenly over the slice mixture and refrigerate until topping is set. (Or freeze it for half an hour, then refridgerate.)
7. Cut into squares.
6. Eat far too many. Get so hopped up on butter and chocolate you make another batch the next day.
7. Die of heart failure, thus eliminating the need to post that karaoke video this Sunday.