I forgot this one: Choc Chip Cookies
125g butter, cubed
3/4c brown sugar
1/4c caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 c self raising flour
1 c plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 c choc chips
1. Melt butter.
2. Add the sugars to the butter and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl whisk an egg, then whisk in the butter and sugar mixture. Add vanilla essence and mix well, until it looks like caramel.
4. Add flour and baking powder. Stir to combine and fold in chocolate chips.
5. Roll into balls and place on a lined tray.
6. Bake at 180 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool on a wire rack.
Okay, so confession time: It was ever so slightly difficult to stir, so I added more melted butter. Don’t blame the recipe. (Also, I was two lazy to use two types of sugar, so I only used brown. So the biscuits are brown.)
In the world’s least startling news, the kids loved every crumb, and so did I.
Yum Factor: 5
Will make again? Yup. I might even follow the recipe next time.
Three recipes to go people!
Also, Ana (aka the cat aka Fuzzybutt aka SHADDUP) just had a checkup and she now needs Rather Ominous follow-up tests. We’ll most likely find out on Friday if she’s okay or not. (Although usually when medical types say that, it ends up taking much longer.)
Here she is, looking (as usual) annoyed that I’m taking a picture.